Q: Clutch Cable replacement

Today my car stalled. I was at a compete stop when my car sputtered a bit and then when I tried to put it in first gear I was not able too. My clutch had no tension at all and I was unable to move the stick shift. I was told by the police officer that helped get my car out of traffic that my car leaked a little bit of transmission fluid. I am thinking I need a to have my clutch cable replaced. I had my clutch replaced about 15 months ago and was going to have the cable replaced but my mechanic said he was able to fix the current cable and didn't need to be replaced at that time. Well I think it finally bit the dust. Do you think it just maybe the clutch cable?

Thank you for your time.

Hi there. If your PT Cruiser is leaking transmission fluid, I would wager against the problem being the clutch cable. Typically, fluid comes from the clutch master cylinder or the transmission itself. It’s probably a better idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection first, so they can inspect your vehicle and determine what is damaged and needs repair.