Q: Q: clutch

I'm having a slight issue with 1st gear selection it's a bit tight and hard to select 1st gear , this isn't happening all the time ( do I need a new clutch ) ? Any advice would be great I've got full service history on the car and I take care of my cars 👍

This may be related to a few different things, however a common issue related to this stems from bad or worn out gear synchronizers. These are small fork shaped components inside the transmission that assist with the transmission going into and out of gear. When these are damaged or worn, this can cause the transmission to be difficult to put into gear. If you’d like, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to help perform a Not able to change gears Inspection on your vehicle and help you diagnose this issue.