Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-7kwfl0js:173:8

Q: Clutch Behavior

I notice the clutch pedal squeaks when I slowly release my foot off the clutch when the engine is off. This seems to appear and disappear without anything triggering it. What is more concerning is that occasionally the clutch pedal fails to spring back up completely. I've noticed this occurs when I'm in stop-and-go traffic for an extended period of time and sometimes when its 90+ degrees outside. I can't figure out whether the throw bearing is the reason or if it's the fluid in the slave cylinder. Is it possible that too much fluid / dirty fluid in the slave cylinder causes this?

A: A squeak from the clutch pedal simply needs...

A squeak from the clutch pedal simply needs some spray lubricant such as silicone spray. The trick is locating the source of the squeak in the pedal assembly. The random nature of the squeak isn't really relevant to the repair. Just spray it and move on. Make sure you put something down on your carpet so lubricant doesn't drip down onto it.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help.

This is usually a sign of a master clutch cylinder internal failure. Unless there is an external leak. A common area for a external leaks is at the slave cylinder. To check for this you will need to peal back the rubber boot on the slave cylinder. If it is leaking, fluid will run out when you peal the boot back. I wouldn't worry if it is just a little wet. Worry if it runs out and drips on the ground.

It is good information to describe the timing of your failure. I can say from experience, the master and slave will definitely be more vulnerable to these failures during the times you noticed them happening. If you don't see any external failures, I would try the master cylinder first. If it is within your price range to purchase both, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. The hydraulic portion of a clutch system is prone to failure as they age, not from mileage.

I recommend the following inspection to help you out with this issue: Clutch is not working inspection. The title of this description isn't exactly what you need, so be sure to send the mechanic a note to explain what is happening. Your problem falls under the expertise of this repair.

Hope this helps and best of luck!