Q: Clutch appears to be burnt out.

In Novemeber the clutch started slipping on an across the state, that resulted in it getting replaced over there. Fast forward to the end of December the clutch stated showing signs of slipping again, on my way home from work that day it went out completely. You are able to still start the vechile, however if you put it into gear, it goes no where and there is a strong "burning brakes" smell. My room mate, who works as a mechanic recommended I purchase a new clutch kit and flywheel, however I am unsure if this is all the parts that would be require or if it is even the correct approach to this issue,

Hi there. When it comes to replacing the clutch in your vehicle, it is best to replace all of the parts that will connect to the clutch. I recommend replacing the flywheel, the friction disks, the pressure plate (which the clutch kit will come with the frictions and pressure plate), and the clutch release bearing. If the engine has a pilot bearing in the crankshaft of the engine, then I recommend getting that too.

Also, I recommend replacing the rear main seal (rear seal on the crankshaft) as you will have access to it (even it its not leaking). If you need further assistance with your clutch replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Clutch appears to be burnt out.