Q: Clunking sound while shifting from first to second gear - 1995 Jaguar XJS

While I'm shifting from first into second gear, I've noticed a clunking sound at the moment of shifting. Then I can drive as I usually do and there are no other issues. The car start up and runs well. What could be making this sound and is this normal?

Hello. There are several possibilities here. Two common causes could be a worn driveshaft universal joint or a worn or broken transmission or engine mount that is allowing the transmission and engine to move about too much - possibly hitting the frame or exhaust. If you want to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the noise to have this issue addressed.

3. Clunking sound while shifting from first to second gear - 1995 Jaguar XJS