Q: Clunk in front end.

I have a clunk in the front end, on the passenger side when turning. I have no idea what it could be. I took it to a friend, and he said it could be the transfer case fluid for the differentials is low. What could it be? Could it be the ball joints?

A: Hey there. There are several possible cause...

Hey there. There are several possible causes for a clunk in the front end. It could be a ball joint, stabilizer bar, steering linkage, or any number of other possible causes. Differential fluid being low is also a possible cause, but I think it is much less likely than several of the other possible causes listed. A certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your steering and suspension and pinpoint the needed repairs.