Q: Cluck when turn the steering wheel.

I have dodge 2500 4x4 2011. It makes a cluck when i turn the steering wheel. Also it seems to jerk more than it should in 4 wheel when turning.

Hi there. When the steering makes a clunking or cranking noise, it’s commonly due to a pivot point bushing being worn out. There are several individual components that are connected together by bushings and links. Over time, the rubber bushings that cushion these links can wear out and might make the noise you have described. It’s also possible that the wheel bearings are worn out. In order to correctly diagnose this issue, you should have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a steering system inspection.

3. Cluck when turn the steering wheel.