Q: Climate control off by 8 degrees

in auto climate I have to set the temp at 60 degrees for it to remain 68 inside the cab. The auto climate temp setting only goes down to 58, below that it says"LOW", and the AC comes on at high. Is there a way to calibrate this when I want the heat in the cab to match the setting of the "Auto climate control" ? It seems to be off by 8 degrees when calling for heat.

Dennis

Hello Dennis, thank you for writing in. The automatic climate control uses a cabin temperature sensor, blend doors, and engine temperature sensors to regulate the air coming into the cabin. There may be an issue with any of these components, or the communication between them. There are several other complaints about the system, and the best way to go about it is to make sure the sensors are calibrated correctly. You should also if needed test to make sure the blend doors are activating and working to keep the temperatures properly regulated. Considering your symptoms, you may want to focus on the cabin temperature sensors first. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.