Q: Climate control no mode function?

Mode actuator was not working changed it,still no function. Changed the climate control still no function. The part may be faulty. Heat and cold are upside down on the control. A/C does not come on although it did then I bypassed it. Parts purchased from aftermarket shop. I have taking values at the 24 pin connector plug, but don't know what they should be. The mode actuator has voltage to it but no ground. Before just the mode was not working now heat, cold, AC, and rear defrost don't work. I can unplug the climate control unit and get temperature to work but heat is in the blue section and cold is in the red section

Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help.

From what you describe it appears that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of electrical issue. It may be possible that the some sort of wiring problem has occurred, or that the components you replaced are defective. I would carefully inspect the vehicle for any wiring issues, though from what you describe, the unit operating in reverse, it is more likely that the component is defective. It is not uncommon for aftermarket components to be defective out of the box, so if you suspect the component may be defective, I would replace it. A wiring diagram can be sourced from either the dealership, or out of a quality service manual.

If you would like help inspecting the electrical components, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. Climate control no mode function?