Q: Clicking sound when truck is turned on. It goes away after the engine warms up. Usually after about 3-5 minutes?

Is this an exhaust manifold issue? If so, how much to get fixed?

This is somewhat common in most engines with hydraulic lifters. When your vehicle sits for an extended period of time, due to gravity, the oil drains back down to the oil pan or to lower parts of the motor. When you start the motor up, all of this oil takes a few minutes to be pressurized as the engine runs and pumped back up to the top of the motor where the hydraulic lifters are.

The clicking sound you hear is usually the lifters pumping themselves up with oil again. Prior to the oil reaching them, there is a brief period of time where you may here a metal on metal sound such as the clicking you describe.

If you notice this sound getting louder or more pronounced, this may be a sign that your oil level may be low or you have a problem developing the proper oil pressure in your motor. In this case, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform an oil change service on your truck.

3. Clicking sound when truck is turned on. It goes away after the engine warms up. Usually after about 3-5 minutes?