Q: Clicking sound

Car making clicking sound down by the starter and the voltmeter drops and jumps back up and the car is off keys in hand

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. The reason you see the voltage gauge drop when turning the key is that all of the power is drawn to the starter during the starting phase which is typically normal. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Clicking sound