Q: Clicking sound before it starts in addition to ignition. PS, new battery

As I turn the key (my car has a time picking up ignition) and it picks up, in the background I hear a distinct clicking sound. Heard it before about a week ago when I made a dinner run to the grocery store and when I turned off the car for about 10 mins, it was dead except the radio and lights. Then 20 mins later it started back up out of nowhere. Went to Autozone and they thought maybe I needed a tune-up. So I used tune-up in a bottle which has kept me running so far( can't afford one right now). While the car was on yesterday, it was shaking, so I didn't turn it off when I got to my daughter's school because I was scared it would not start back up. Please help, just using car to take children to school and back for now.

It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. Clicking sound before it starts in addition to ignition. PS, new battery