Q: clicking noise off gas

I just had my Toyota Tercel repaired in the shop, and it was running really good. But then it started making a clicking noise when I took my foot off the gas. It only makes the noise when I'm coasting along with no gas applied. But it stops when I press down on the accelerator. Do you know what this might be?

A: I think you may be able to locate the sourc...

I think you may be able to locate the source of this clicking noise if you open the hood and watch the engine while someone else gives it gas and then lets off. Something is moving and you may be able to see it. Another option is to simply return to the service shop where the work was performed recently and have them recheck everything. If you would rather have an independent technician inspect the noise, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the sound and resolve this issue.