Q: Click when starting the ignition

Jeep ignition clicks when trying to start sometimes it starts and sometimes it takes like 5 tries then it starts , my neighbor says it sound like my starter going out , another neighbor says maybe the timing belt

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like potentially a weak battery or a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. Click when starting the ignition