Q: Cleaning the AC on a 2009 Jeep Liberty

I have an 'O9 Jeep Liberty. I'm trying to get the smell out of the AC but I can't get to the evaporator core. Is there any other way to get the spray in air with spraying the stuff I have in the intake?

Try spraying it in the intake. To get that evaporater case out and physically clean it, can take you six-to-eight hours. Horrible design. What a lot of guys would do is get to the EVAP where the case is and drill small little holes and spray it to clean all of that up.

If they are really imaginative, they’d take a little grinder and cut off a square hole. Then they can physically clean that all up and put a little piece of plastic over it and silicon over it and seal it. Then they are able to clean it. I know a lot of guys that have done it with Jeeps. I would have to take the whole dash apart to work on those things. You might want to try that if spraying it into the vents doesn’t work. If you need help with this, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you inspect the smell and get rid of the stench for you.