Q: Clc 180 not charging replaced battery and alernator

As above

Thank you for contacting us today in regards to your 2008 Mercedes-Benz not holding a charge. When the alternator and battery have both been replaced at the same time, a common culprit is either an issue with the battery cables or the voltage regulator (which if I’m not mistaken is not a part of the actual alternator on a 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLC 180).

If this is the case, it will typically produce a P2503 OBD-II trouble code when connected to a diagnostic reader.

Electrical gremlins like this are very difficult to pinpoint without being onsite and completing an electrical system diagnostic check-up. The best advice I can offer is to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics so they can arrive on site to complete the inspection and determine why your battery won’t hold a charge.