Q: Clanking while pressing gas, making a turn and accelerating

My truck had no problems. It is a two-wheel drive with automatic transmission. It has run fine, there are no leaks and it goes into gears. But, the other day, there was a clanking sound that appeared suddenly while I was pressing gas and making a turn. It couldn't be heard when I let go off the gas. I heard the same noise and difficulty going forward while I was at the stop light and gave it gas to keep driving. When I stopped the car to look if there is anything wrong, there was nothing. But the issue persists. What could be the problem?

The problem sounds like your transmission broke a forward over-running clutch inside the transmission. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect to determine if the noise is from the transmission or the engine, since both the engine or transmission can cause noises that sounds like what you are describing about. The engine may possibly have valve train timing chain issues and would loose power, if this is the problem. You might want to have a mechanic inspect and see if the engine needs work or why your transmission is making clanking and grinding noises.

3. Clanking while pressing gas, making a turn and accelerating