Q: Choose rotor for bigger wheel

Hi. I am increasing the wheel size by plus one, from 17" to 18", and I am looking for rotors that work well with them. How can I select the right ones that fit my new wheels or can I use the ones that I am using right now for the new wheels?

When you install wheels that are larger than factory, there should be no need to change the brake rotor size. As long as the wheels you are putting on are designed to fit your vehicle, the rotors should work just fine. If you were to go to a smaller wheel, clearance may be an issue, but not larger. If you decided to go with a larger rotor later on, for better braking performance, it would require the use of a rotor and caliper design that would use a longer caliper mount, that would move the caliper further away from the center point of the hub in order to clear the larger rotors. If you need further assistance with diagnosing and/or repairing your vehicle, consult a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.

3. Choose rotor for bigger wheel