Q: Choke doesn't release and engine idels up and down and makes clicking noise

Choke doesn't release and engine idels up and down and makes clicking noise

Hi there. Your Mazda truck doesn’t have a choke, as it is a fuel injection system made by Ford. If your engine is idling up and down then you may have a vacuum leak in the intake or hoses to the intake. Its possible the intake gasket seals or the EGR tube O-ring are leaking, causing the engine idle to not be rough and surge up and down. You can use a rubber hose held up to your ear like a stethoscope. Listen around the intake for the vacuum leak, and that will help you isolate where the leak is coming from. Also check the brake booster vacuum hose for leaks. If you need help with this then I suggest contacting a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your idle issue.

3. Choke doesn't release and engine idels up and down and makes clicking noise