Q: Chirping noise when idling

When I'm idling or going over rough road, there is a chirping sound that comes from the front-passenger side of the car. It is especially noticeable when idling with the a/c on. Do you think it would be serp belt-related, suspension, exhaust, or the condenser fans? \

Thanks, Mike

Hi There, This is a common sign of a blower motor that is beginning to fail. The blower motor is the fan that blows the A/C or heat into the cab of the vehicle. This motor has small bearings inside of it that allow it to spin freely when it has power applied to it. Over time, these bearings will wear out like any other bearing and become squeaky as you have noticed. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Chirping noise when idling