Q: Chip needs reprogramming

We replaced the lock cylinder, but my car has to use keys that are chipped. The car will not turn over and the fuel pump shuts off. Can the chip be reprogrammed?

Yes, if the lock cylinder was replaced, it usually comes with new keys. If the new keys have chips, a locksmith can program them to the system and you will be back on the road. If those keys are not chipped, they will not be able to be programmed. In this case, you have several options. A locksmith can cut you new keys that have chips and program them to the vehicle. The other option is to have the locksmith rekey the new lock cylinder to accept your old key. Our mechanics can also come to you to replace your ignition lock cylinder .

3. Chip needs reprogramming