Q: Chevy Impala 2003 stalls at stops

I have a Chevy Impala 2003 that stalls only at complete stop. I've changed the IC, fuel pressure is good; changed both crank sensors, PCM; there is no vacuum leak. I can drive it from here to the end of the world, when it stops, no check engine light.

A: It’s probably time for you to see a profess...

It’s probably time for you to see a professional mechanic. You don’t have a Check Engine Light but that’s only the beginning to figuring out the problem on most cars. Mechanics have dealer-level scan tools and when you hook them up, you can check what’s called mode six data. The scanner will be able to show live data and all recorded data.

If your car has been stalling out at stops, it becomes recorded data which shows the problem area. In mode six data, when we use the good dealer-level machines, the information is interpellated so that the mode six data will be green, yellow, and red. Green means good, yellow is iffy, and red is bad.

The first thing a mechanic would do is check out all of the colors of the data. If red is seen, that’s where you start and figure out what the problem is. So, if you don’t have a dealer-level scan tool, you’ll often need a mechanic who can at least analyze the info. You don’t have to pay them to fix it. Pay them to analyze it. Because, you’re in the twilight zone right now and it takes a real pro to figure out what is happening.

Feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can diagnose your Check Engine Light and allow you to have a better idea of what you’re dealing with. Once the issue is found they can help you repair the issue as well if you need the assistance.