Q: Check tire pressure monitor

The tire pressure monitoring sensor is broken on my 2004 GMC Yukon (128,800 mileage). I had a new one installed, but now it's showing an orange 'check tire pressure' message. What is your expert opinion of what is causing the problem?

A: This could be caused by not having the sens...

This could be caused by not having the sensor positions matched. There is a process in which the tire pressure sensors are matched according to the position in which the wheels are installed. If this matching process is not completed, the system will check the sensors via the original matching information from before the time you installed the new sensor. The process is outlined in section 5 of the owner's manual. If the matching process cannot be performed or the system still cannot be initialized after the matching process is complete, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can assist in the tire pressure system initialization.