Q: check light engine is on, VSA light is on

the check engine/emission light, the VSA light and the VSA off light (triangle with an exclamation point) are turned on in my car. when you press gas the car doesnt accelerate as it should and the engine makes a noise. i think its the transmission, but is there any other explanantion, or fixes for this problem. also can i still drive it without worrying it will just die. thanks

The VSA system is partially controlled by the engine. If the engine is having troubles, the VSA system will be disabled automatically. That is the reason for this particular light. As for the check engine light, I would recommend having a check engine light is on inspection performed to determine the exact cause of this issue. Whether you can drive the vehicle worry free will depend on the results of the inspection. Consider YourMechanic for this service as it can be completed from your home or office.