Q: Check engine soon light

Never had a mechanical problem with my car until recently. Check emgine soon light came on and all of a sudden, when I start my car, it shakes a bit with some vibrations.. after leaving it on, it stops with minimal shaking. I don't drive it anymore but it still runs, just feels off. Could this be a serious problem??

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. Any of these things could cause the check engine light to come on. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Check engine soon light