Q: Check engine light - Slight evap

Check engine light went on for a slight evap. Reset engine light purchased new gas cap and all was fine for 700 miles trip. I need to go on this trip again,is it safe to go and bring it in for a repair afterwards

Hi there. An evaporative small leak detected, is an emissions related code and should not affect drivability. The downfall to driving with a check engine light on, is if the ECM (engine control module)/computer recognizes another fault and sets a code, you won’t be aware unless it does affect drivability. Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s check engine light be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.