Q: Check engine light on

What does the ""Check engine light code #p1441"" mean? It has come on.

The code indicates that the purge control system has a problem flowing fuel vapors, even though the system has turned off the control valve. This is most likely caused by a leaking purge control valve.

Check the valve to see if it is able to flow vapors even if the valve connector is disconnected. Next, try removing the valve and see if you can blow air through it. If you can, then the valve is bad and should be replaced. If you need assistance with this, have a professional technician diagnose your Check Engine Light code and follow through with the necessary repairs.

3. Check engine light on