Q: check engine light on

I forgot to plug back in my mass air sensor after I took it off to change the air filter over to a K & N. When I started the engine it ran and minute and died. I finally found the mass air sensor and plugged it back in. The truck starts and runs fine, but the check engine light stays on. How do I get the check engine light to go off? Do I need to take it back to the dealership to take care of this?

Hello. To turn off the light you would need to use a scan tool. Using a scan tool give the technician access to the computer to be able to reset the light since there is no issue with the vehicle. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to do inspect and turn off the Check Engine Light.