Q: Q: The check engine light is on.

Had oil changed at dealership today, went to O'Reilly Auto Parts two hours later and changed battery, check engine light came on. Second battery since 2011, no problems with my vehicle. Vehicle has 119,000 miles. Engine light has never come on before.

Have your vehicle’s computer checked to see what caused the check engine light to come on. This will give you a starting place for diagnostics. Most of the time if the battery was running low on a charge, when installing a new battery, the sensors may get a higher reading than normal. The computer has a recording for the lower reading which now did not match. After a few days the light should go out as the computer will perform many readings and verify the new normal. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: The check engine light is on.