Q: check engine light just came on

My service soon light just came on a day ago and today i went to auto zone to see what the problem was and the guy ran the trouble shooting and got code P0133 he told me it could be a few things either air leak near sensor , open or short circuit condition or Faulty HO2S11 (bank sensor 1) .

A: Hi there: My personal car is the exact sam...

Hi there:

My personal car is the exact same model, (but 2008) and I recently had the same P0133 OBD-II code which was accompanied by some small acceleration issues. P0133 indicates the ECM senses that the O2 Sensor is not changing its voltage output quickly enough to the changing air-fuel ratio. Hence why the P0133 trouble code definition is O2 sensor circuit “slow response” because the circuit is not reacting quickly enough. After we inspected the car, we found the rear O2 sensor connector (not the sensor itself) was dirty. I replaced the electrical harness, reset the code and issue went away. Not 100% sure that your vehicle is having the same issue, but you should start by having a local mechanic inspecting your O2 sensor and electrical harnesses; as this is usually the triggering factor for this code.