Q: Check engine light is on

I was driving and down shifted to quickly and hit the red area of rpms. My check engine light came in and my car lost power. I pulled over to the side of the road and turned the car off then on. It drives fine or at least appears to. However, the check engine light stays on.

You will need to verify the check engine light to see if an over rpm code is stored. If no damages were done then clear code to see if it returns or not. It should not return as long as you do not repeat the over revving condition.

3. Check engine light is on