Q: Check engine light is on

The car has became jumpy while sitting at stop lights also slow to accelerate. Help???

A: It sounds to me like your engine may be mis...

It sounds to me like your engine may be misfiring. If a cylinder has a misfire the engine will not run in balance and causes it to shake. The misfire will also dramatically affect engine performance, most noticeable under acceleration. There are a few different things that could cause an engine to misfire. The most common issues are either the spark plug or ignition coils. I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, retrieve any stored engine trouble codes to determine why your Check Engine Light is on and what repairs are needed.