Q: Check engine light is on

It was overheating, so I replaced the radiator and everything is good now except the check engine light is on. But like I said everything is good, so I was wondering if I should just reset the ECU.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. When you have a ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. When you have a mechanical component failure such as the radiator, the check engine light will typically illuminate until it is reset. However, if the check engine light came on after the service was completed, it’s possible that a sensor was not plugged in correctly or another issue exists. Trying to clear the codes is a simple quick fix, but if the check engine light comes back on, you should have your Nissan inspected for further damage. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.