Q: Check Engine Light code P2127

check engine light came on code was checked at auto zone P2127 since then the check engine light has gone off without a dealer checking it out is there still a possible problem?

The code P2127 is in computer memory as an intermittent fault if the check engine light does not come back on. Since the problem is intermittent the failure may not be present for a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and diagnose it. The code P2127 is for a short or open circuit in the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit. When the problem is occurring it may cause the computer to limit throttle opening and limit vehicle speed. You can still have the codes pinpoint test done my YourMechanic to see if the problem can be identified and repaired.

3. Check Engine Light code P2127