Q: check engine light

Check engine light came on sunday night bought code scanner and detected oxygen sensor trouble.drove about 100 miles and dropped off at mechanic. Told me needed a new sensor and that it also shorted the computer.seems this possible?

A: Anything is possible, however, it is not li...

Anything is possible, however, it is not likely that the oxygen sensor shorted your computer. If your computer was damaged, your vehicle would not be drivable in most cases. You did not specify the code you read, so it makes it hard to interpret what has happened. I suggest getting a second opinion from a certified technician regarding the Check Engine Light before you move ahead with an expensive computer module or oxygen sensor.