Q: check engine light

The check engine light is on and runs rough on and off and dies out sometimes

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. A Check Engine Light indicates that your computer has stored one or more diagnostic trouble codes. More information, like the trouble codes logged, will be helpful to determine what system components need testing. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will have the tools and knowledge to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light to let you know what should be done next.

3. check engine light