Q: Check Engine Light

I have a 1998 Buick Century Custom V6 - 3.1L It had bad spark plugs so I replaced them and the cables. Then It started overheating because of a bad water pump. I replaced that and replaced my thermostat. Then my exhaust broke. I took it to Auto Zone and it read two codes. The O2 Sensor and a misfiring code. We fixed the exhaust restarted the computer by unplugging the battery. It lasted 2 days and now the check engine light came back on. I'm going to take it to autozone to read the code again but I feel like it might be the O2 sensor still. Any tips? Thanks.

Hi there. First off, let me say that there is nothing wrong with going to Auto Zone for parts. However, they typically use a basic scanner tool that only reads error codes, but can’t download ancillary codes that could be causing the issue in the first place. Before you spend time or money at Auto Zone, you might be better served to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete a check engine light inspection. This will permit them to pull ALL codes and find the source of your check engine light issue.