Q: Check engine light

Just had car in for service, had oil gasket leak repaired as well as a O2 sensor. On the way home check engine light comes on again.

Get home and pull out the OBD code reader and stored code is reading P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor. Pending Codes: P2187 - System Too Lean at Idle Bank 1, as well as the above mentioned code.

Could these codes be related to the above repair work done? Any other advice on these codes is appreciated.

Although, there is no definitive way to say those are related, it is quite possibly and likely that they may be related. When the O2 sensor is not working properly, it may cause the system to lean out due to incorrect inputs relayed to the computer causing it to create a lean fuel condition. This may also cause the knock sensor code as a result of the lean fuel condition. A lean fuel condition can cause what is known as "detonation" (also called "spark knock") which is an erratic form of combustion that can cause head gasket failure as well as other engine damage. Detonation occurs when excessive heat and pressure in the combustion chamber cause the air/fuel mixture to ignite on it’s own. This happens when there is not enough fuel to cool the air/fuel charge. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.