Q: Check engine

Check engine light on got it checked and it recommends changing intake maniofd gasket. Truck runs amazing no loss of power no hesitation or stalling. Is there something else more simple that could be triggering the check engine light for this. Don't want to tear into it to do gasket if I don't have to.

Hi there. What was the stored code? The freeze frame data? Current data? What were the diagnostic steps taken to determine that the intake manifold gasket has failed? Questions like this is what I ask myself when a diagnosis is presented to me with limited information; don’t be afraid to ask a technician these very questions as they should be able to explain each one. Without a code for a starting reference, it’s difficult to help with a diagnostic process. Remember, codes provide us with the direction to take when diagnosing to prevent a lot of wasted resources. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.