Q: Check engine and maintenance lights come on while bucking. But only when it's snowing. Otherwise everything is fine.

I have a 2009 ford edge awd sel. The problem ONLY occurs when it's snowing. The engine seems like it bucks randomly then maintenance and check engine light come on. Next day, no snow and roads are clear, suv runs like a charm! Maintenance and check engine lights don't come on. Until the next snowfall, it starts all over again.

My car has 166000 km. I'm in Canada My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. What seems to be happening is the wheels are spinning out of control and the traction control is coming on. The feeling could be the wheels jerking the vehicle around and making your vehicle feel like its bucking. The check engine light could be for the ignition system may have too much moisture on it. Try putting a warm cloth on the ignition coil before starting the engine. This will prevent any moisture from getting into the contacts on the ignition coil. If you need further assistance with your vehicle bucking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Check engine and maintenance lights come on while bucking. But only when it's snowing. Otherwise everything is fine.