Q: Check Charging System and Battery Lights

So, I had my car die on me,, had the alternator rebuilt and tested, did nothing, the battery was just replaced (as it was under warrenty).. my belt is ok (everyone says its good and the tension seems fine), as I hate winter, my parking lot is not the best place for working on it as there is a blizzard basically every two days, and every other day is like -30 celcius. Been a long process getting to this disappointing stage.. any advice?

Hi There, You may have a bad voltage regulator that may be causing your charging system to not properly charge the battery. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.