Q: Cheap ABS code readers for 2000 BMW 540I

Do you know any good, cheap ABS code readers that would work for 2000 BMW 540I?

For a BMW, there aren’t that many options. You could try Actron -- they make one that costs 250 dollars. I use it all the time. I don’t know if it will read it on a BMW, but it’ll read Toyota, so give it a try. A lot of stores have loaners that you can try. See if they would read it, but if not, BMWs are not fix-it-yourself cars. For stuff like that, you need a dealer-level computer that costs tens of thousands of dollars. But you can try that Actron and maybe it will. I’ve got one and it works pretty good for other cars. I have never tried it on a BMW though.

3. Cheap ABS code readers for 2000 BMW 540I