Q: Charging issue, generator light on - 1972 Pontiac Ventura

My car has a 307 engine and an issue with charging. When I drive, the battery quickly gets emptied out. Therefore, I had the battery and alternator replaced several days ago. Now the generator light is illuminated on the dashboard. I checked both the alternator and the battery and they are working properly. What could be the problem?

Hello there, thanks for writing us. You could have a few things going on with your 1972 Pontiac Ventura. If you have replaced the alternator and battery already, you are off to a great start as these are usually the cause. If the problem persists than a few other things could cause this. The most common causes would include a faulty battery cable, loose alternator belt, or alternator fuse. Consider having a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why your car is not charging properly and make any repairs required.

3. Charging issue, generator light on - 1972 Pontiac Ventura