Q: Changing the thermostat

The vehicle is getting hot while I am driving in traffic or road ways.

A: When a car is overheating and the coolant l...

When a car is overheating and the coolant level is good, the thermostat is usually the first place you go. Changing the thermostat is the quickest and least expensive step to solve the problem and often is the only thing that needs to be done.

But at 23 years old, I would not be surprised to find that your car's cooling system has other issues such as accumulation of sediment in the radiator. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to help determine why your car is overheating and recommend a solution.