Q: Changing oil on a 2006 BMW E92

I have a BMW E92, 2006; 6 feet automatic. It has 78,000 miles on the clock. It uses one quart of oil every 24,000 miles. Once in a while, it uses one quart in 750 miles and I haven't changed the oil at 6,000 miles. What do you think I should do?

It is a 10-year-old BMW. The problem with BMWs is that they have very expensive engines to work on and unfortunately, BMW have given a rather extended oil change. Some would tell you to change oil every 10,000 or 20,000 miles, which is okay on a new car, but then it’s going to wear more and as the time goes buy it is going to start burning oil.

Your engine is basically starting to use some oil. Personally, if I were you, I would change the oil every 4,000-5,000 miles and add any that it burns. I would live with that because to rebuild an engine like that will cost a lot of money. It can cost 5,000-8,000 dollars to rebuild an engine on a BMW. They are very expensive. If you would like to have a convenient oil change done for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to you to service your vehicle while you are at your home or office.

3. Changing oil on a 2006 BMW E92