Q: Changing brake switch on a 2013 Malibu LS

I have a 2013 Malibu LS. I have an engine light on that states brake pedal position sensor low voltage. What could it mean? How do I fix ti?

The first thing you’d want to do is get the brake switch off and get another switch. A lot of times they short out and they do that. The internal short on the brake switch is under the dash and is really easy to check yourself. If that doesn’t fix it, then either the wiring going into it is bad or you’ve got a problem with a body control module, which feeds power to it. But a lot of times, it is just a switch going bad. As brakes are an essential safety feature, I recommend having a mechanic inspecting your brake system to make sure the correct repairs are made.