Q: Changed transmission

Transmission wasn't changing gears correctly from 3rd to 4th gear. It was slipping. Thought it was a sensor problem. I was told at auto zone that the transmission controll solenoid needed to be changed and that it was in the transmission. Took everything apart and made it to the solenoid rack but part given wasnt there... Anyway put everything back like it was suppose to be, changed filter, oil, and speed sensors now truck wont move when in gear... Starts just fine and revs up in neutral.. Not sure whats wrong... 03 dodge ram 1500..

Hi there. Unfortunately, without being there to see how the repair or re-assembly process was completed, it would be impossible for us to guess as to what is causing your problems now. In some cases, mechanics will forget to adjust the linkage correctly or attach a sensor wiring connection, so I would start by double checking those and seeing if this resolves your problem. If not, I would recommend contacting a local mechanic to come and inspect your transmission.

3. Changed transmission