Q: changed the negative terminal on the car. Tried to start car but now it wont turn over .

changed the negative terminal on the car battery. then started the car but it wouldn't start. i heard that taking the negative terminal off resets the electrical system. i have an immobilizer on the car, but it stopped working a while back and i no longer had to press the button before i started the car. Im thinking if what i heard about the electrical system resetting is true , could this have somehow made the immobilizer work again ? and is that what is preventing the car from starting ? also i have lost the immobilizer remote. the immobilizer is aftermarket installed im pretty sure, and it didnt come with a manual or code when i bought the car. Never had any problems with the car before this , please help ! what are my options? Also car is a ford laser

You may have to disconnect the batteries negative terminal. Turn on the ignition key and leave it on and connect the battery. Try and start the car and it should start. Before shutting the car off, hold the button in and turn off the car. This will disable most systems. If this does not work, then try holding in the button and at the same time turn on the key and then let go of the button. If this does not work as well, then get in touch with a mechanic to come and remove the immobilizer from the car and put the wiring back to its original state. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your no-start issue and let you know what needs to be done.

3. changed the negative terminal on the car. Tried to start car but now it wont turn over .