Q: changed plugs and wires broke the tip off of the egr control sensor car won't run and gets hot

Car will not run right after changed plugs and wires also broke the tip of the EGR control sensor would that make it run like crap and over heat also has trouble shifting gears

Hey there. The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) sensor monitors the amount of exhaust gases in your car’s engine and helps to keep this recirculating which helps to lower cylinder temperatures and pressure. When this sensor fails, it can cause a variety of problems as you have noticed. This can cause poor performance, poor fuel economy, as well as cause the car to fail an emissions test. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the performance problems and shifting issues.

• changed plugs and wires broke the tip off of the egr control sensor car won't run and gets hot