Q: changed iol in 2007 mustang, dip stick said itr was over full so iwent to drain some out and no oil in oil pan

I changed the oil in my 2007 mustang and added an oil stabilizer plus 3 qaurts oil. I checked the dip stick and the oil was still very dirty and over full. went under the car to drain some oil from the oil pan and there was no oil in the pan. stick still says it is over full.

Hi there. When this situation occurs, it’s typically due to one of two things. Either the filter was not replaced (which should be done every oil change) or there is an obstruction inside the oil galley’s with sludge. Also, attempting to "drain a little bit of oil" often backfires and can cause oil pressure problems. The best way to resolve this problem is to start from scratch. Remove the oil filter, drain all the oil, install the new filter and fill with the recommended amount of oil (mixed with the oil stabilizer you are using).

3. changed iol in 2007 mustang, dip stick said itr was over full so iwent to drain some out and no oil in oil pan